Around The Country
- What India’s parliamentary gender quota can — and can’t — do for womenMembers of the BJP celebrate the new reservation bill in Patna, India. | Santosh Kumar/Hindustan Times/Getty Images The new law reserves a third of seats in Parliament and state assemblies for women, but could take years to implement. A bill requiring India’s parliament to set aside a third of its seats for women candidates passed … Read more
- Sen. Bob Menendez now has a primary challenger amid mounting calls for his resignationRep. Andy Kim, D-N
- Second Republican presidential nomination debate potential ‘cage fight’ where ‘the rubber meets the road’With the first votes in the Republican presidential nomination calendar less than four months away, Fox News’ Dana Perino predicts that Wednesday’s second GOP primary debate “is where the rubber meets the road.” Perino, along with Fox Business’ Stuart Varney and UNIVISION’s Ilia Calderón will co-moderate the debate, which will take place at the Ronald … Read more
- An Ambitious Antiracism Center Scales Back Amid Allegations of Poor Management – The New York TimesAn Ambitious Antiracism Center Scales Back Amid Allegations of Poor Management The New York Times What I Saw While Working at Ibram Kendi’s Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University The Daily Beast Kendi responds after inquiry launched into BU antiracist center Boston.com Fed-up staff seethe over Boston U’s antiracist center: ‘Colossal waste of millions of dollars’ Fox News … Read more
- Why Volodymyr Zelenskyy had to go to WashingtonUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy following a meeting with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and a bipartisan group of senators on September 21, 2023 in Washington, DC. | Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images The Ukrainian president seeks support for the same fight, but under different circumstances. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is … Read more
- 1 dead, over 40 injured in rollover crash of bus carrying students in New YorkOne person is dead and more than 40 people are injured after a bus carrying students rolled over in New York state Thursday afternoon, officials said.
- Triple House meltdown on defense bill may mark the worst run for a House majority in modern historyRepublicans are stalled right now and can’t even adopt a simple provision to bring to the floor what is historically one of the most popular bills in Congress: The annual defense spending bill. The House’s fights over funding the government could mark the worst run for any majority in modern House history. Republicans hold a … Read more