Around The Country
- Will the economy finally un-weird itself?What to worry about if you’re in the mood to worry about the economy. | Klaus Vedfelt via Getty Images The economy’s “hold your breath moment,” explained Let’s get this out of the way: the economy is not in bad shape at the moment. The red hot labor market is cooling off a little, but … Read more
- Gymnastics Ireland apologizes after Black athlete is snubbed in medal ceremonyThe governing body for gymnastics in Ireland has issued an apology after a video resurfaced appearing to show a judge ignoring the only Black girl at a medal ceremony last year.
- Ex-NASCAR driver Austin Theriault launches GOP bid for battleground House seatNASCAR driver-turned-politician Austin Theriault announced Monday that he’s entering the Republican primary seeking an opportunity to challenge Democratic U.S. Rep. Jared Golden in what’s expected to be one of the country’s most competitive 2024 House races. Theriault, who made his announcement on radio shows, said he’ll “come in with fire” to confront issues like inflation, … Read more
- Police identify New Milford High School student killed in crash: ‘Caring young man’ – Danbury News TimesPolice identify New Milford High School student killed in crash: ‘Caring young man’ Danbury News Times VIDEO: Vigil set for New Milford teen WFSB 3 Vigil to be held at New Milford High School after crash that killed 17-year-old NBC Connecticut 17-Year-Old New Milford HS Student Killed, 2 Critical Following 3-Vehicle Crash Daily Voice Police identify New Milford High … Read more
- What India’s parliamentary gender quota can — and can’t — do for womenMembers of the BJP celebrate the new reservation bill in Patna, India. | Santosh Kumar/Hindustan Times/Getty Images The new law reserves a third of seats in Parliament and state assemblies for women, but could take years to implement. A bill requiring India’s parliament to set aside a third of its seats for women candidates passed … Read more
- Sen. Bob Menendez now has a primary challenger amid mounting calls for his resignationRep. Andy Kim, D-N
- Second Republican presidential nomination debate potential ‘cage fight’ where ‘the rubber meets the road’With the first votes in the Republican presidential nomination calendar less than four months away, Fox News’ Dana Perino predicts that Wednesday’s second GOP primary debate “is where the rubber meets the road.” Perino, along with Fox Business’ Stuart Varney and UNIVISION’s Ilia Calderón will co-moderate the debate, which will take place at the Ronald … Read more