Around The Country
- The political failures behind Libya’s deadly floodingA view of devastation in disaster zones after the floods caused by Mediterranean storm Daniel ravaged the region in Derna, Libya, on September 12, 2023. | Abdullah Mohammed Bonja/Anadolu Agency via Getty Images The death toll is a tragedy decades in the making. The storm and accompanying floods this week that have killed thousands in Libya … Read more
- Judge restricts Trump’s access to classified info in docs case and limits what he can sayU.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon set specific parameters for how and when former President Donal Trump can review the evidence in case against him in Florida.
- Warren blasts closed-door Senate AI meeting, calls for rapid regulationFollowing a closed Senate AI forum with tech giants, union leaders and artificial intelligence experts, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., told reporters Wednesday AI should be regulated to protect privacy. She also criticized the decision to keep media and the public from viewing the hearing. “I do not understand why the press has been barred from … Read more
- Lahaina Family Describes an Impossible Escape From the Maui Wildfires – The New York TimesLahaina Family Describes an Impossible Escape From the Maui Wildfires The New York TimesView Full Coverage on Google News
- How rescuers find survivors after deadly earthquakesEmergency workers search beneath a heavily damaged house on September 10, 2023, in Moulay Brahim, Morocco. | Carl Court/Getty Images People might be still trapped under debris in Morocco. Here’s how they could be saved. At least 2,600 people have been confirmed dead in the aftermath of a magnitude 6.8 earthquake that struck Morocco … Read more
- Hunt for escaped Pennsylvania killer has entered the ‘long game,’ police sayPolice entered the “long game” in their hunt for an escaped murderer in Pennsylvania, officials said Monday, as they searched an area where the fleeing prisoner had dumped a stolen van.
- Biden admin strikes deal with Iran to swap prisoners, release $6 billion in frozen fundsThe Biden administration has struck a deal with Iran to swap prisoners and release $6 billion in frozen Iranian funds. Per the deal, Iran will release five American citizens detained in Iran and the U.S. release five Iranian citizens being held in the U.S. US SEIZED NEARLY 1 MILLION BARRELS OF IRANIAN OIL BEING SMUGGLED … Read more